Wednesday 6 July 2011

MY WEEK IN BEAUTY

YES! Compelled to post because there are some bang tidy beauty bits that have changed my world.

1.Maybeline Eye Studio Gel Liner - Black



My love affair with gel liners started, predictably, with Bobbi Brown which did the job, but met its end when I left the lid open and it dried out. I'd tried a few others with mixed results before ending up at the much-hyped Clinique version, but found that the black just isn't black enough - a prerequisite if you have black hair and/or dark skin. This Maybeline £8 version is -by far- my favourite gel liner, not only for the beautiful creamy consistency and intense pigment, but the little brush that comes with it creates the most precise lines - it's an incredible tool and I've never seen a brush this good for liner! Im-pressed!

2. Perricone MD...




Skin woes, sometimes all it takes is for the right balance of nutrients, sleep and products to get it just right. At the moment, I'm in that place and the Perricone MD Skin Clear Cleanser (£28) and Hydrator (£44) seem to be keeping everything in order. That's almost £70 in skincare, granted, but if you're equally cursed and blessed with oily skin this is a brilliant little combo!

3.Alpha-H Microcleanse


So I've mentioned my 'alone time' in New York in 2007 before (wandering through NY aimlessly, HEARTBROKEN, running up huge bills). So to cheer myself up, I went to Sephora (the one by Bloomingdales) and bought this little Philosophy Microdermabrasion kit. They don't make it anymore, but what a thing of joy! It was a weak solution of glycolic acid, alongside an exfoliator but did seem to do the job. On the downside it was a little fiddly, what with the two pots n all! So this little tube does essentially the same thing - it's only £24 which isn't awful. The scrub does contain glycolic acid too, but its alongside rice bran and peppermint essential oil which makes me at least feel better. Use ONCE a week, no more! Over exfoliation isn't a boyfriend, it's a brief weekly fling!

No comments:

Post a Comment