Thursday 5 May 2011

TALK: Extensions, the saga continues...

I went and had this done, see below:



Just pulling your leg! Although Charlie Le Mindu could do my hair anytime (come on Mr Mindu - get involved - we move in the same circles!) Actually, I'm posting because I'm due to have round two of natural (read: cost-effective) extensions at Lucinda Ellery. So how have I found them? Very comfortable, brilliant quality Indian hair and they've almost lasted four months.

The downside is that I'm now addicted to the volume and fear this is going to become de riguer in my life. That's all I really need, another expensive beauty habit, as if Creme De La Mer and bespoke facials weren't expensive enough - gah!

My natural hair length is 15" so when my extensions are applied they're the same length. Ideally, I'd have 18", but then the process is different and I'd need more exenetions and much more hair. However after getting no less that 5 quotes, generally speaking, this would cost around £1000. No matter how much I want hair like Taylor Momsen, it's not worth cleaning out the mortgage fund (formerly known as the Miu Miu fund!)

With my saved money I could - in fact- buy this bag of joy I spied in Selfridges last week!



NOTE: If you're tempted to go somewhere cheaper to get the length just email me and I will send you HORRIFIC pictures from when I did that very thing. Once they go wrong, there is nobody to fix the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment