Thursday 3 March 2011

HAUL: Show and tell...

Actually more to show than to tell really.

I'm still fairly miserable truth be told, not even make-up can fix it. What would fix it you ask? Hmm...a hug or a new comic book maybe. I'm a simple (READ:geeky) girl.




Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Resolute - Generally a huge fan of the liquid metals, but this shade almost verges on blah. Personally none of the metals match up to Solstice (their original gold liquid metal) in texture and utter showmanship - it's so striking. Although Resolute a pretty enough colour, it's not special enough. Sorry, it's just not.

Illamasqua Shadow in Daemon - This replaces my old stargazer red eyeshadow (had it for 10 years-argh!) which is the trusty staple of every teen goth. Daemon is a lovely dark matte red, brilliant for theatrical work and that corpsey look around the eyes. Also is you pat it over red lipstick you'll get a really velvety matte look. Smooch-tastic!

Lancome French Touch Lipstick in 306 - I fell for the bullet style exterior, but now I feel cheated by it's beauty. Nothing wrong with this shade per se it's just not very exiting. Bottom line, it's a good choice if you're new to dark shades or want a more natural glossy finish. This is one i'm donating to my mother!

Chantecaille Lasting Eyeshadow in Titanium - Chantecaille are one of those luxe brands I adore - without any firm ground to base my adoration on. The powders are beautifully milled, granted. Aside from that, the colours are average and the prices extortionate this here shadow is £22 of your shiny earth pounds when MAC's shadows are just over a tenner!

Illamasqua Disciple Lipstick - J'Adore! A rich blue/black that I shall be rocking with nude eyes and sharply defined brows, plus the old *Dalston topknot. I want to desperately wear this into central London to scare the normal people.

*The Dalston topknot is the nonchalant messy bun worn especially high up on the head almost nearing the forehead, see below. You can call a Dalston girl a mile off (I'm not saying that's a good thing fyi, merely an observation. I'm not a Dalston girl hater - every scene has it's look!)

No comments:

Post a Comment