Thursday 28 April 2011

TEST:Bobbi Brown's SPF 15 Tinted moisturizer Oil Free



Beauty confession: I've never ever worn tinted moisturizer. Ever.

I've seen women slather it on like foundation and have always wondered 'what's the point?' In my mind, if you want sheer coverage you use MAC Face and Body (or MUFE's version which is incredible) or you simply go without.

Having very oily skin means that anything that goes on my skin has to be carefully vetted for staying power - and as such - tinted moisturizer never makes the cut. Whilst I still don't entirely grasp with the idea of it as a product that gives coverage, so many friends swear by the stuff that I thought it was worth trying.

So this week I've been wearing Bobbi Brown's SPF 15 Tinted moisturizer Oil Free (£27) in Dark Tint, the darkest shade they make. Here it is and where I've rubbed it into my skin to the right of the blob.



This amount could probably do almost two faces, a little seems to go a very long way.
And the next surprise? It's genuinely oil free, that's almost entirely unheard of with any SPF product I've tried.

But what sold me is that it comes in 7 shades - if only every brand did the same. My one small point is that if you're between shades, I'd advise going for the lighter one.
This shade actually oxidised throughout the day and darkened a little, but that can happen with any product. Legendary make-up artist Eve Pearl once told me that darker foundations can mix with oils in the skin and the air and darken a little during the day. Unfortunately I added to the problem by using face powder rather than blot powder (MAC's Blot Powder is a godsend for oily skins) which created that dull ashy appearance on darker skins.

Above all though, it's an incredible glow giving product and is a brilliant swap for summer if you're a foundation junkie with pretty good skin. However, if you're worried about acne scars, pigmentation or open pores, I'd still stick with a sheer foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment