Sunday 17 April 2011

QUICKTEST: Illamasqua Nail Varnishes in Radium and Gamma, Dior Rock Coat

Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see, this, our town of Halloween.....


I'm the queen of the dark, but even I'm hating on these spooky colours, especially together - eek! The green would look incredible with OPI's Shatter Topcoat (it's a black topcoat that crackles fyi.)Almost like a greeny leopard print - tres psychobilly!

It's nonsensical, but I'll wear anything going colour-wise on my face (I used to shave and draw my eyebrows on in bright blue FFS) but I feel like a child if I wear really bright nail varnish. Hence why - in a bid to appear more grown up - I'll be passing these on to a pal.




Next up is Dior's Rock Coat. Should that be RAWWWWKKKKK COOOAAATTTTTTTAH!
Actually, I'm not sure it deserves the fan fare, because it yielded less than impressive results. This top coat is supposed to add a dark veil over your existing nail color - essentially reinventing the existing shade - but didn't deliver. I'll try it again on something less matte and keep you posted. Is the whole concept a little too much effort? I feel like Dior should concentrate on coming up with an amazeballs limited edition palette or make-up jewel that I just HAVE to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment